http://taushadickinson.com/tag/models/ Discussion Questions:
- Did your family set up Christmas crèches/nativity scenes during Christmas? Where did they set them up? Did your family have any stories associated with the crèches?
- When you look at a Christmas crèches or think of Mary at Jesus’ birth, what images come to mind? How have we depicted Mary over the centuries?
- Read Luke 1:46-55. Also read Luke 1:26-37 and Matthew 1:18-25. What observations can you make? How is Mary described?
- What attributes of God can you find in this passage in Luke?
- How do these passages express Mary’s faith in God? What do these passages tell us about Mary’s hope for the Hebrew people?
- How have we tamed Mary into the passive, pious mother of Jesus? Is this an accurate picture of Mary?
- How might Mary’s description of God change your outlook this Christmas?
- How might you share the version of Mary’s God during this Christmas season? What might you do through your words and your actions?