- As a child, what celebrations were you most excited about? Was it a birthday? Celebrating Christmas? Going on a break from school or summer vacation?
- What are some unexpected events that happen in our lives? How do you prepare for such unexpected events?
- Read Matthew 24:36-44. What observations do you see in this passage? How does it fit within chapters 24 and 25 of Matthew? What is Matthew writing about?
- In what ways is the Flood, during the days of Noah, like the Second Coming or second Advent of Christ?
- How have you been “lulled” into complacency in regard to Christ’s return? What keeps you from being prepared?
- What does it mean practically, to be ready for Jesus’ return if we do not know when He will come?
- How are you personally “advancing the kingdom of God” with your gifts and talents for the second Advent of Christ?